1. Wash the ¼ lemon and cut it into thin slices.
2. Wash the orange and prepare strips of orange peel.
3. Put the blackcurrant juice, apple juice, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamon, anise, ginger, orange peels and slices of lemon in a saucepan and heat it slowly.
4. Add sugar (to taste) and stir until dissolved.
* Important: Under no circumstances should you let the contents boil.
5. Add the red wine – Leave to simmer on a low heat with the lid on the saucepan for 20 minutes.
6. Taste to make sure the glögi has reached the desired level of spice.
7. Let the glögi mixture sit overnight in a cool place with the lid closed. The next day, the glögi is heated again before serving. Even now, you shouldn’t bring it to a boil – Serve hot in a mug.